Sunday, October 3, 2010

Karma...My friend!

Karma..."What goes around comes around."  That's what they say.  (Who is they?)  The older I get the more I believe in this.  There are so many mottoes, life phrases, colloquialisms, whatever you want to call them, that go along with this whole karma theory, which is based I think, on the biblical classic - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Patience is a virtue" goes right along with my favorite, "if you give someone enough rope they will hang themselves."  Imagine if you will, that I LOVE to be right?!?  Who doesn't?  I have spent years remaining diligently patient and handing out rope while waiting for someone to hang himself.  Might I say the noose is getting very, very tight. I am INSANELY HAPPY my patience is paying off.  Bonus - I have taken the high road, which is not always easy.  I have treated this person the way I would prefer to be treated.  Since this person refuses to treat me this way, I feel as though the universe has finally said "enough!"  I am feeling very justified by my friend Karma.

I know people who feel if you believe in karma then you can't believe in God. That karma is kinda of like slapping God in the face with your lack of faith.  I do not feel this way.  Whose to say that karma is not God's way of being there for people who aren't quite sure about Him, on the cusp so to speak?  Quietly proving himself in a way that these people can understand, patiently and gently nurturing their faith.

I would never claim to know what God is thinking, but I do know that he is patient and kind and just.  Like a father should be.  In my experience there are people that would prefer to not think of the just part.  They only want a nice God.  Justification and punishment are what keeps the world in order.  I believe that justification and punishment are karma.

I do not currently attend a church, although I have in the past.  I am a deeply spiritual person who does not feel it necessary to go to church and sit with a bunch of people who love God only on Sunday.  Be clear, I do not think that all church goers are this way but, "it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole cart", right?!  I know I am not the only one who feels this way.  I have personally spoken with and led several people to Christ who left the church because of the hypocrisy they experienced there.  I love my God with a force that is not to be reckoned with!

Please be aware that the opinions expressed here are exactly that. My personal opinions and thoughts and are not written to offend anyone.  Thank you for reading.

WonderWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment