Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Day in a Nutshell

Everyday, Monday through Friday, my alarm goes off between 6:15 and 6:30am.  I get out of bed, turn on the coffee, and wake up any children who are still asleep.  Then I sit patiently drinking my coffee and hand out directions, such as, it's cold outside - wear a coat, don't forget your lunch, and do you have your homework?  These are then followed by, in a much less patient tone, hurry up, you are going to miss the bus!  Most days that is as far as it gets.  Then, while making my breakfast, I empty the dishwasher and reload it.  Somehow the sink has filled with dishes overnight.  I really wonder how that happens sometimes?  Now I put away everything the tornado's (children, mostly daughters) have left in there wake.  Dirty clothes, curling irons, make up, etc...
Time to get the clothes out of the dryer, get ready for work, and then fold all the clothes.  This is usually 2 - 3 baskets of clothes washed the night before.  Now I have about 30 minutes before I have to leave for work. This is when I read my email and catch up on Facebook, as well as, write this little blog.  8:30 - 8:40 I leave for work.   I almost always make it to work by 9:05, somehow this is acceptable to me.  I don't know why, because I HATE to be late!  Skip to end of work day...

Arrive home in time to deliver my little cheerleader to practice by 5:30.  Then I have an hour and a half to make dinner, pack lunches, eat, clean up, and then pick up my cheerleader at 7:00.  Don't forget there is homework and other directions being handed out at this time as well.  There is a reason dinner time is so hectic for most families.  It has way too much stuff going on!  So after I pick up my cheerleader and arrive back home it is close to 7:30.  Now we have to tie up any loose ends, homework and things, all while herding everyone in and out of the shower.  My husband will be calling me between 8:00 and 8:30 (this is his lunch time at work) some days this is the only communication we have, so I try really hard to be available and not distracted when he calls.  After speaking to him I take a shower and then start a load of clothes in the washer.  I usually will watch television or read until those clothes are done so I can put another load in the washer, which my Awesome Hubby will then put in the dryer when he gets home at midnight.  I usually go to bed between 9:30 and 11:00pm, just so I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow!


Keep in mind that this is how it would go if everyday was perfect, but well, YEAH RIGHT!
There is usually another child who wants dropped off or picked up, probably both, somewhere. There is occasionally the project that we have waited until the night before to do, and of course we do not have the supplies to make it happen.  So, now we are making an emergency trip to the store to purchase supplies. Any one of these things, and any other possible scenario you can imagine is likely to happen and mess up the whole process.  The thing is no matter what time I actually get to bed, I love my life and all the crazyness it brings!
WonderWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment