Thursday, September 2, 2010

Growing up addition

Remember the first time you could put your arm in the open car window and your fingers reached all the way to the top?  I do.  This happened to my daughter today.  She was sooooo excited!  Which was very evident because she is currently grounded and not speaking to me, but at this moment she forgot.  She even smiled at me when she talked.  I love watching my kids discover new things about themselves.  This was especially neat for me because I remember this moment for me so clearly.    It seems like such a little thing, but It must not be.  It's a beginning step to seeing yourself as an adult.  Growing up happens every day, whether you watch for it or not. I can stop watching out for myself now and lay back and watch my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment