Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reality

Hello,

Sorry I have been away so long.  I know I said I would write every day, so I am sure you are disappointed that I took 4 days off.  All I can say is -  Holiday weekend, only had 2 kids at home that are old enough to look after themselves, so my husband took me away for some much needed R & R.  Thanks honey!  But back to reality now.

It is hard for me to relax when I go away from home.  I don't necessarily worry about things, but It seems to take me a while to flip out of "mom mode"  Anyone know what I mean? I would like to think that I don't act any differently when I am not with my kids, but I do.  I suppose we all do.   So about the time I start to relax, it's back to reality and being mom all over again.  As a woman there are many hats to wear so to speak.  Mom, Wife, Employee, the list goes on, but those are the big 3.  Sometimes they don't seem to mesh, or separate,  as easily as I would like.  I want to be carefree when I am being wife, yet that mom thing always creeps in. I want to be on time and responsible when I am being an employee, but that mom thing manages to make me late, or have to leave early at least once a week.  Thank goodness my job is so flexible.  I guess the thing is - being a mom seems to define a woman more than anything else.  I wonder if this is true for men?  Does being a dad define men more than their job?  I would guess it's a toss up there.  So I probably just ticked off any men who are reading this, but I am not saying daddy's are any less important than mommy's.  Just that society defines women by their family life and men by their job.

I don't think that there is equality in the sexes.  Frankly, this doesn't really bother me.  I do wonder sometimes, what were women thinking?!  I mean really why do they want to go to work everyday AND take care of the house and kids?  It is way too much. Why do women want to go work in construction?  It's dirty and hard!  Why didn't they leave well enough alone?  Was it that bad? Seems like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know?  Who I am I to say?  I just know that I am so busy all the time, and it seems to me if I didn't have to go to work, my life would be a lot easier.  But I do and that's life right?!

Anyway, so we went to this outlet mall, which just means they charge more and people pay it because it's at an "outlet" mall.  Duh! It was super crowded!  But we did have a nice time.  Just watching people is hilarious.  It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round they say.  There sure were all kinds of people there.  Sometimes I wonder, do people look at themselves before they leave the house?  I think everyone should have a mirror by their front door so they can catch a glimpse of themselves before they go out.  I mean combs are cheap people - come on!  I saw a woman who was maybe 50-55 wearing white sweat pants that said "juicy" in gold script across her ass!  No wait, I am not done, super big sunglasses, not so bad, but really high, like 4 inch bright red heels. OMG! What could she possible be thinking?  I know I shouldn't judge, and to each his own, but sweat pants with heels? Really?!?!

Wonder Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment